Your bbq enthusiast friend has just moved into his/her beautiful new home with the large patio. The perfect housewarming gift for someone who likes to grill and entertain would be one of those large outdoor charcoal barbecue grills.
Large charcoal bbq grills are great for those who cook for large groups of 20 – 30 guests or who have to (or love to) grill large cuts of meat such as large racks of ribs or a big chunk of beef.
Outdoor grilling is all about having fun and forming beautiful memories.
Friends and loved ones hovering around the grill talking and laughing can be such a lovely experience.
- 1 Large Outdoor Charcoal Barbecue Grills
Large Outdoor Charcoal Barbecue Grills
Disclosure: I may be compensated through the links in the post below but at no extra cost to you. The opinions are my own
Weber Outdoor Charcoal Kettle Grills With Wheels
You can’t go wrong with the classic Weber outdoor charcoal kettle grill.
The Weber kettle grill has stood the test of times.
Weber kettle grills come in a few sizes, ranging from the small 18.5″ one touch charcoal grill to the extra large 26.5″ grill.
The original best selling 22″ Weber charcoal grill kettle has a 363 square inches of grilling surface which translates to about 12 – 15 burgers.
The large 26″ Weber Original Kettle Premium Charcoal Kettle Grill has a grilling surface of 508 square inch.
The Weber 15502001 Performer Deluxe Charcoal Grill, 22-Inch, Copper is the deluxe version of the classic kettle grill.
The cooking area is still 363 square inch but this model comes with an electronic Touch-N-Go gas ignition system to start your charcoal burning.
The grill is fitted into a sturdy painted metal work table and has a wire bottom rack for putting your bag of charcoal.
Benefits Of The Weber Charcoal Kettle Grill
- A heavy gauged porcelain enameled lid and porcelain enameled bowl for durability
- Lid comes fitted with heat shield that ensures comfort
- A thermometer is attached to lid for checking grilling temperature
- A stainless steel hinged cooking grate allows for easy adding of charcoal during grilling. Just lift up the grate at the sides to add more charcoal
- A fancy removable rust resistant aluminum ash catcher adds to its awesome features. Just detached it from the grill when you have to throw away the ash. The ash catcher for the 26″ and 22″ are different in design.
- Glass reinforced nylon handles are heat resistant and stay cool to the touch. This allows for easy handling as well as minimizes accidental scalding
- The bowl handles come with a handy integrated tool hook for hanging your grilling tools, making them conveniently within reach.
- There is a hook on the inside of the lid which you can use to hang on the side of the kettle body. You do not have to put the lid on the ground.
- Rust resistant aluminum vents allow for easy control of the internal grilling temperature. You can easily control the heat by opening or closing the vent holes
- When you’re finished grilling, close the vents and save the half burnt charcoal for future use
- Grilling food over a charcoal fire gives a smoky flavor to the food, not found in the gas grill
- Legs have a spring clip/push pin system that makes it easy to assemble
- 2 large durable wheels allow for easy pushing around
- Made in USA
- You can get a chimney starter to light the charcoal quickly and evenly
Dyna-Glo Outdoor Heavy Duty Charcoal BBQ Grills
You have a choice of the:
- large Dyna-Glo DGN486SNC-D Heavy Duty Stainless Charcoal Grill
- extra large DGN576DNC-D Premium Charcoal Grill
- extra large DGN576SNC-D Dual Zone Premium Charcoal Grill
The large DGN486SNC-D Heavy Duty Stainless Charcoal Grill model comes with 3 heavy-duty, hi-gloss porcelain enameled, cast-iron cooking grates, 1 charcoal basket adjustment tray and 686 square inch of total cooking space (about 24 hamburgers).
The extra large DGN576DNC-D Premium Charcoal Grill comes with 3-cast iron heavy duty sliding porcelain enameled cooking grates, 1 charcoal basket adjustment tray and 816 square inch of total cooking area (about 30 hamburgers).
The extra large DGN576SNC-D Dual Zone Premium Charcoal Grill comes with 4 cast iron porcelain enameled heavy duty cooking grates, 2 charcoal basket adjustment trays and 816 square inch of total cooking area (about 30 hamburgers).
You can control the temperature and air flow of the Dyna-Glo outdoor charcoal grill by using the charcoal tray adjustment crank and the stainless steel smoke stack with adjustable flue as well as the sliding side dampers.
The charcoal tray adjustment crank can be used to adjust the distance between the food and the hot charcoals.
Opening the air vents at the side with the help of the sliding dampers will increase air flow and raising the temperature.
The cooking temperature should not exceed 500°F ( 260°C ).
Using heat resistant gloves is recommended when dealing with hot surfaces.
According to manufacturer’s manual, estimated assembly time is 50 minutes with 2 people.
Benefits Of The Dyna Glo Heavy Duty Stainless Steel Charcoal Grill
- This heavy duty stainless steel charcoal grill comes with 3 heavy-duty, hi-gloss porcelain enameled, cast-iron cooking grates ensuring even heat distribution. The high gloss durable enamel coating makes the grates easy to clean
- 2 side shelves attached to side of heavy duty cart as well a storage basket provide convenient storage facilities while grilling. Your sauces, meat trays, plates etc are all within easy reach
- 486 square inch of primary cooking space and 686 square inch of total cooking space (inclusive of warming rack) that can easily fit about 24 hamburgers at one time
- The stainless steel, double-wall lid helps to keep in the heat
- The front ash tray system features a heavy duty cast iron and steel charcoal access door which helps in maintaining the fuel source during grilling. You can easily add charcoal briquettes or perhaps to push the burning charcoal around
- The charcoal tray adjustment crank makes it easy to adjust the temperature by lowering or raising the burning charcoals
- The high capacity ash pan can be easily removed to dispose of the ash and grease
- You can check the temperature with the help of the built-in stainless thermometer with the easy to read gauge
- Stainless steel smoke stack comes with adjustable flue and the 2 sliding side dampers to maximize air flow. Better air flow leads to better burning efficiency leading to more flavorful grilled foodstuff
- 8″ resin wheels make it easy to transport the charcoal grill around your backyard or patio
Large outdoor charcoal barbecue grills bring back fond memories of happy occasions and celebrations.